Wednesday 22 February 2012

10 things about me

Ok, I have been reading some other blogs and thought I would follow a cute little trend and write my own 10 things about me post:

1. My happy place is Key West, this is where hubbs and I spent many many amazing holidays and it gets me everytime we drive down US1. We havent been there for way too long now, and I am so looking forward to the next trip, which is coming very soon.

2. I really really want to drive through the US, you know the old road trip, stopping at some great places on the way and really getting a feel for the place. Not sure we have to wait for this one, but its on my list.

3. The next person that tells me I am "lucky" to be an accountant is going to get a punch! I am not lucky to have this qualification, I worked my arse off for it, missed out on time with my children, cried hysterically and gave up years of my free time. Just saying!

4. I love ET and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. I am also pretty into that new Spielburg movie Super 8 as it has a similiar feel. Nothing rocks my evening more than sitting down to one of these movies.

5. I love walking, walking is great. I can get outside in this stunning place and put the world to rights in my head. The fresh air, the scenery, talking out loud to myself (yes I know!) makes me come back to the house a nicer person.

6. I love flying. I love booking the tickets and getting that little reservation code, I love queueing at checkin, handing over my baggage, walking to the gate, getting on the aircraft, eating the little airplane meal - I eat everything on my tray even if I wouldnt normally. I love take off and landing and even turbulence. My kids love it all too (not turbulance though, they object to that) and I love that they love what I love. Enough love here??

7. I love my family. My family means the absolute world to me. I have always been obsessed with all things family. I used to watch family movies and concentrate on the family dynamics in it. My children are my everything and my husband of nearly 10 years is my very best friend. I feel blessed every day to have this.

8. I wish my hair was thicker and I am not so sure I am pleased at its naturally darkening status currently. It used to be so blonde people would comment on it. Now that I am in my mid thirties its so much darker and it never grows nicely. I find myself staring at nice hair on others.

9. I will never be thin. I have realised that I can eat healthily as much as I like, walk for an hour a day and heck even run and I can diet, I may lose as much as 10 lbs but I will never lose dramatic weight so that people dont recognise me, like others do. Maybe its that airplane food??

10. I like working, weird I know. Being in a good job working with people I respect makes my day. I like Mondays, I dont want to live for weekends, effectively wasting 5 days of my week for 2 days.
I have a new job that I start in 2.5 weeks and I am so excited. I am hoping that this is my end company, that I can work there forever ~ fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment