Sunday 7 October 2012

Thanksgiving weekend

Its Thanksgiving weekend. After a couple of weeks of wet weather we are now generally back to dry and sunny except for today of course, I was planning on taking the kids to the pumpkin patch but its wet out - maybe I should swop my plans to cleaning this house for tomorrow.
Tomorrow we have 5 families here for Thanksgiving, its going to be mayhem but I am also hoping it will be quite good. If the 12 kids could keep the noise down a bit maybe it will be.
Everyone is bringing a dish or three so our responsibility is two turkeys, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, veggies and pigs in blankets. Our guests are going to buy a pork loin today to add to the meat selection. They have already bought one of the turkeys.
I am amazed to say that I am actually looking forward to what our friend Nic is planning to do to brussel sprouts.

So we will clear the kitchen counters of toasters and other unnecessary "stuff" for the laying out of the feast and get another couple of tables in here.

I shall take some pics of the day for here. Also, the trees outside are STUNNING currently. I need to get my camera out.

No comments:

Post a Comment