Wednesday 16 January 2013

snow and more inspiration

Its snowing. 2cm predicted right about now and another 10cm tonight.
Its January and we live in Canada, so I guess that means it no surprise.

I cant believe how fast this month is going by, I blame this new job where I spend my day busy busy busy. Did I say busy?

Last night I took the plunge and signed up for the local gym, I couldnt go running, the track was busy (theres a lot of busy in this post) with soccer (learnt my lesson there) and then athletics all evening so I gave in and went to yoga at the gym - which was good! I needed it, I have pulled something in my shoulder lately and the yoga class seemed to have helped it, I certainly have more movement today - more pain free movement.

So, I am all over quotes at the moment and have stuck some of my favourites on the wall in my office:

Dr Phil (gotta love him) - "If you want more, you have to require more from yourself"

Not sure who penned this (in fact I dont know) but its famous, "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it! Boldness has genius, power and magic in it"

Chris Gardner - "Its ok to fail, its not ok to quit"

So - I am in full on career mode, after my time with babies, who are now growing so fast as the girls in our home, I am back into my job with my heart and soul with more aplomb than ever before, I am aiming for the 5th floor!

I have been fortunate enough to be able to work for an organization that I believe in, that I am proud to be an employee of and am prepared to give my heart and soul to. I am here until I retire I hope.

some wise words from a 75 year old sushi chef:

1. Find your craft, and dedicate your life to mastering it. Jiro stressed that you don't need to do everything well, but to do your one thing to the best of your ability and to continuously improve on it.

One of my favorite quotes from Jiro:

"Once you decide on your occupation, you must immerse yourself in your work. You have to fall in love with your work. Never complain about your job. You must dedicate your life to mastering your skill. That’s the secret of success and is the key to being regarded honorably." ~ Jiro Ono

I like this, I have never been one for living just for the weekends, I love Monday too.
I saw this on one of my favourite blogs "Lift, Love, Life" and felt the need to feel inspired by it on mine too.

OK enough of quotes now, I shall stick to weather, food, kids and house going forward. Oh and holidays of course, thats my all time love!




No comments:

Post a Comment