Tuesday 15 October 2013

Thanksgiving Day 2

On Sunday it was another gorgeous day. The sun was hot but the air was cooler and fresher. We went up to the Valley to the Zoo and an apple picking farm. The zoo was great and had a real variety of animals such as a white Siberian tiger and camels as well as the typical farm varieties of pigs and cows.
None of us had cameras that worked so I failed to get memories of the deer enclosure and their sweet velvety noses and those cute little baby goats.
We then went to the apple farm where I remembered my work BB and got some shots, as you can see the quality is not great





Because it was Thanksgiving weekend their was a band and hot refreshments of the coconut curry, apple pie, cookie variety. It was all very agreeable, and reminded me a bit of Frontierland in Disneyland Paris, except this is the real deal. They were playing Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville as we were walking back laden down from the trees.
We got bags of apples and made apple sauce for Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday. I now have many pies planned - apple and blackberry, apple, apple crisp and apple crumble. I feel all grownup in this baking phase

No comments:

Post a Comment