Wednesday 30 August 2017

Currently...

As the dog days of summer seem to race by, the current status quo (in absolutely no particular order) is:


  • Listening - to country music. Like never before. The Zac Brown Band particularly rocks my world.
  • Enjoying - hacking in the green green fields with Ace and just flat out having fun in my riding, on the grass, in the brook... alone and with others.
  • Growing - at work. I realize that I have finally cracked not needing to be liked at work. I am in the highly desirable (snort) position of being involved in risk analysis and control and part of pushing through change at work. Sometimes I suck at my delivery regarding change and have to work on it but I am not upset at people not loving me, its ok nowadays.
  • Appreciating - my house, I didnt realise until just now that although it may not sport the wrap around deck, its pretty.
  • Failing - outstandingly at healthy eating. My healthy eating went to shit in June and stayed there. I have some work to do over winter for sure....
  • Loving - living. Every. friggin. day.
  • Enthralled by - my children, everything they do and say. Sometimes I just sit back and observe them. They are living the childhood of my dreams.
  • Counting down to - the opening of the biggest Canadian Ikea. I so miss being able to just walk around it and the option to indulge in cheap curtains at my will.
  • Being in control of - finances, first time in years. At first it felt terrible, now it feels fabulous!
  • Preparing for - back to school, pretty much all the school supplies are purchased except for the ever elusive writers notebook for Lily, after much consideration and nose turning up at many that didn't make the grade, she finally chose one. Of course no-one checked it (including her) in our haste to get out of Walmart. Its blank. It needs to be lined. Back to Walmart I shall go - fml.
  • Noticing - how friggen cold it is in the mornings now.
  • Feeling - horrified at the images coming out of Texas. My God, I cant imagine going through that.



No comments:

Post a Comment